4.30.2009

When in Chrome, do as you will

Google Chrome makes me happy in the pants.  At least it has for the 11 minutes I've used it so far.  It looks very Vista, but with less Vista and more Google.  These are good things as Google pretty much pwns, whereas Vista sucks a bag of dicks.  

Aww sweet!  The "Incognito" browsing window makes me even happier in the pants.  
"You've gone incognito. Pages you view in this window won't appear in your browser history or search history, and they won't leave other traces, like cookies, on your computer after you close the incognito window."
How cool is that?  I'm incognito RIGHT NOW.  You can't even see me.

I also appreciate the disclaimers, which warn of surveillance by secret agents AND people standing behind you.  Silly users, Google Chrome can't keep your girlfriend from reading over your shoulder.

Once I'm over the coolness of the new toy with the picture of the spy in the corner (he's very cute -- well-done graphic department), I'll likely never use Incognito.  I'll have to hit a whole 'nother key to open a new window, which I'm sure will prove to be more trouble than it's worth. Lazy>Nifty -- that's the way this story will play out.  Chrome itself, otoh, has already replaced my old browser on the toolbar.

No comments:

Post a Comment