4.29.2009

Would you like some cheese with that wine?

It's a shame that the Black Lotus Brewing Company in downtown Clawson has only beer and wine. Some of you might not find this to be a shame, but I do. The beer is very good from what I hear, though.

I'm trying to find a place or two within, reasonable distance of teh_work, that can offer me an office-away-from-work. My boss lives out-of-state and isn't in town very much anymore, and all of the other people in my department have been casualties of the economy. No friends left to play with -- more sad face -- other than my fishy, Emperor Cerulean, who offers only moments of distraction. I get a little stir crazy locked away in my office, so getting out will help everyone. It will help me be happier and more social, which will increase productivity, which will make the corporates happy. And frequenting local establishments will help the economy, which I hear needs helping. Therefore, drinking while working: RATIONALIZED.

Anyway, I need a place that has, at a minimum, wifi, so I can work, and a bottle of vodka, scotch, rum, etc. with which to dampen my pallet. It should also have food. I realize I'm asking for a lot from suburbia.

I think I want to engage the kids at detroitdrinktank.com. I long for the days when I worked within the peoplemover loop, but sadly, I'm a bit further north during the day now, so making it down to their coverage area isn't quite so feasible. Field trips, though? For sure.

Black Lotus Brewing Company:

Pros: The pizza was (is) a nice, tasty snack, with highly decent mozzarella. In addition to a well-decorated interior, there is a patio with chairs and tables and other sorts of things one might find on a patio. Also, free WiFi.

Cons: The wine tastes like it came from a keg. It is also distinctly similar to the MOCAD wine they served during the Sea and Cake show. But I still had a refill, that's how committed I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment